Carbide Mag Drill Bits Set 8Pcs 1/2″ to 1-1/16″
WHAT IS ANNULAR CUTTER?
Annular cutter (also called as slugger cutter,slugger bits,broach cutter ) is form of core drill used to create holes in metal,annular cutters, named after the annulus shape, cuts only a groove at the periphery of the hole and leaves a solid core or slug at the center.
Annular cutter is a more efficient alternative to spiral drill bits and standard hole saws, annular cutter is similar to a hole saw but differs in geometry and material, an annular cutter cuts only the periphery of a hole, leaving a circular “slug” at the center.
The two most common types are high-speed steel (HSS) annular cutter and tungsten carbide tipped (TCT) annular cutter.
COMPARE WITH HSS ANNULAR CUTTER AND WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE TCT ANNULAR CUTTER?
The biggest advantage of TCT annular cutters is speed and ease in which it may cut harder materials, especially for boring larger diameter holes in hard materials, TCT cutters can be used to great success.
The linear speed requirement is higher than that of HSS.
The teeth on TCT annular cutters are harder than HSS, allowing them to cut more difficult materials.
- Carbide Tips: Tungsten carbide tipped weldon shank annular cutter, 6 carbide tips with silver soldering, the other part are alloy steel, sharper than HSS annular cutters.
- Weldon Shank: Applicable to hole cutting and process of annular groove on various magnetic drills and press, can also be used with machine tools such as mills and large drill presses with tool holders.
- You Will Get: Includes 6 mag drill bits ( Cutting Diameter:1/2″, 9/16″, 11/16″, 13/16″, 15/16″, 1″, 1-1/16″), 2 pilot pins (6.34x90mm,7.98x90mm) & 1 plastic tool carrying case.
- Better Performance: Selected special-purpose carbide tips with multi-cut geometry for ply-cutting and lower friction, reduced damage of tips and improved performance of chips removal.
- Widely Usage: Applicable materials include various steel material, steel plate, stainless steel, aluminum, brass, cast iron, etc.